Best of 2008: Hercules and Love Affair
Andy Butler of DFA’s retro-disco darlings, Hercules and Love Affair, serves up a terse selection of the year’s highs and lows.
What was the best album of 2008?
Who buys albums anymore? Wink, wink...
Who was the worst artist of 2008?
That girl who sings, "I kissed a girl and I liked it.”
What was the best style trend of 2008?
Native American prints.
What was the worst style trend of 2008?
Skinnier than skinny jeans.
What was the best 12" single of 2008?
Kink & Neville Watson "Inside Out" on Rush Hour.
Best of 2008
Drop the Lime
Andrew Jeffrey Wright
The Death Set
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player