Issue 136: Building an Iconic Sound
This issue, we dig in deep with the icons of electronic music, and gather intel on how they make their sounds so uniquely original. From Four Tet to Squarepusher to Moby to Mala, there's no shortage of tips, tricks, and musical philosophies to inspire budding producers. We also look at some of our favorite producers of the year—with Oriol, Teengirl Fantasy, oOoOO, and plenty more icons-to-be filling these pages. Read all about them here, or view the entire issue online at Issuu.
- Friends With You Tour Miami
The boys of Friends With You visit their favorite hometown haunts in this City Guide Miami episode.
- Moby's Old-School Rave Podcast
'90s rave rules this exclusive set from Moby.
- Four Tet at Melt! Festival
Listen to a hot set from cover star Four Tet at this year's Melt! Festival.
- Teengirl Fantasy's Exclusive Podcast
Not your typical podcast, this one's got everything from Inner City to Ryuichi Sakamoto.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player