Issue 137: Work Them: Ramadanman leads a new crop of producers into 2011.
In this first issue of 2011, the young David Kennedy (a.k.a. Ramadanman and Pearson Sound) leads London's still-burgeoning, post-funky bass scene into 2011, with the likes of fellow UK natives Lone and Elijah & Skilliam following close in tow. Dancehall killer David Rodigan shoots us an email, Horsepower Productions and Demdike Stare show us around their studios, and we visit South Africa for a taste of the house scene before chatting with the likes of Games, Jacques Greene, and Matthewdavid, who all bring the heat for the chilly months. Read about them here, or view the entire issue online at Issuu.
- Some Things are Better Left Untold
From the XLR8R TV archives, here's a lost episode with UK producer and label head Jack Dunning (a.k.a. Untold) talking about London's exploding Bronze Age Future Step scene.
- Elijah & Skilliam Podcast
Grime heads and Rinse jocks Elijah & Skilliam deliver an exclusive podcast.
- Dump FM interviews Thunderhorse Video
Dump FM founder Ryder Ripps smokes out Thunderhorse Video.
- Matthewdavid Podcast
A gloriously all-over-the-map set from LA beat king Matthewdavid.
- XLR8R's Favorite Everythings of 2010
Our favorite downloads, podcasts, albums, videos, and more from 2010.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player