Auntie Flo "Sun Ritual (My Dry Wet Mess Remix)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
- Photo: Amanda Ceccato
Following the release of his Stereo Typing LP (from which we posted the title track back in November), Berlin-based Brainfeeder affiliate My Dry Wet Mess (pictured above) is back with his spin on UK artist Auntie Flo's 2012 single "Sun Ritual." The original track is taken from the split Speicher 72 EP with German producer Nick Höppner, and boasts a vibrant, glittering sound. On the other hand, My Dry Wet Mess' version is more dramatic, with abrasive effects occupying the foreground, an oscillating bassline winding around underneath, and bits of energetic percussion and melody shining through it all.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player