The Beatnuts The Originators
- Words: Pete Babb
- Label: Landspeed
Even the most annoying anti-bootlegging sound effect in the world can't cover up the stank of some seriously potent funk-as on this, the Beatnuts' best effort since their debut LP. The beats are strictly hard-knockers, and Psycho Les and Juju have stepped up their lyrical game as well. Peep Juju on "Routine": "I'd rather make a beat that's food for the spirit / Make the crowd lose it every time they hear it, / Producers try to bite, but they don't come near it / Loops so obscure you ain't even gotta clear it." This album exceeds all expectations and is an absolute must-have for fans of roughneck hip-hop. Definitely one of the best of the year.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player