The Beatnuts The Originators
- Words: Pete Babb
- Label: Landspeed
Even the most annoying anti-bootlegging sound effect in the world can't cover up the stank of some seriously potent funk-as on this, the Beatnuts' best effort since their debut LP. The beats are strictly hard-knockers, and Psycho Les and Juju have stepped up their lyrical game as well. Peep Juju on "Routine": "I'd rather make a beat that's food for the spirit / Make the crowd lose it every time they hear it, / Producers try to bite, but they don't come near it / Loops so obscure you ain't even gotta clear it." This album exceeds all expectations and is an absolute must-have for fans of roughneck hip-hop. Definitely one of the best of the year.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player