Dino Felipe Xanaconversex
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Schematic
Early on, Miami's Schematic seemed to take its aesthetic and musical cues from Warp, from its Designer's Republic album covers to Richard Devine's dense, Autechre-esque beats. However, the most recent addition to the Schematic stable, Dino Felipe, draws inspiration from rather different sources, looking more to Cologne than Sheffield for musical inspiration. Indeed, on the EP Xanaconversex, Felipe's first release since his promising debut As Flim Toby, the standout tracks-"Slutt Petal (2 crunch)" and "Butterfri"-mix babbling, musique concrete-ish textures with eccentric, skittering beats in a manner that recalls the gurgling, quirky funk of Sonig stalwarts like Mouse on Mars rather than the brutally angular grooves normally associated with Schematic. Outstanding.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player