Various Artists Asad Rizvi Presents Silverlining Exposures
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Reverberations
Asad Rizvi's Reverberations imprint is known for house-leaning melodic techno releases-some of which, confusingly, are not "techy" enough to be called "tech-house," but instead maintain the upswing of house rather than than the plodding stomp of techno. Silverlining pulls together a selection of Rizvi's groovy cuts, including his own "Smiling At The Sun," which shines warm sunlight through the clouds with laidback percussion, metallic keys and whooshing wind effects. His "Silverlining Boogie Dub" of Haris & Dedan's "Electro Oro" is a storming, drunken-synth-led track, whose invigorating bass and Middle Eastern sounds ride with tight percussion. Rizvi may be less well-known than some of his musically and geographically close compatriots (Freaks, Terry Francis et. al), but this collection proves he can cut it with the best of them.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player