Official Details of Moog Sub Phatty Revealed
- Words: Glenn Jackson
While most of the country was celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day by skipping work, Moog went ahead and officially announced the details of its forthcoming completely analog synth, the Sub Phatty. After first teasing the synth with a video just two weeks back, the full details have revealed the Sub Phatty to be a 25-key synth which comes complete with two variable waveshape oscillaotors, one squarewave sub-osciallator, and a noise generator. The unit appears to have all of the classic Moog controls, including a high-quality filter section with overdrive and plenty of modulation options. Furthermore, the unit has MIDI in and out capabilities and appears to be able to save patches. The full specs of Moog's Sub Phatty can be found here.
While the Sub Phatty isn't set to hit stores until March of this year—with an MSRP of $1099—the company has already tapped Flying Lotus to put together a track using the synth as its primary instrument, which you can listen to via the colorful video below and download for free here.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player