Auntie Flo "Sun Ritual (My Dry Wet Mess Remix)"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
- Photo: Amanda Ceccato
Following the release of his Stereo Typing LP (from which we posted the title track back in November), Berlin-based Brainfeeder affiliate My Dry Wet Mess (pictured above) is back with his spin on UK artist Auntie Flo's 2012 single "Sun Ritual." The original track is taken from the split Speicher 72 EP with German producer Nick Höppner, and boasts a vibrant, glittering sound. On the other hand, My Dry Wet Mess' version is more dramatic, with abrasive effects occupying the foreground, an oscillating bassline winding around underneath, and bits of energetic percussion and melody shining through it all.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player