Apostle of Hustle National Anthem of Nowhere
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Arts & Crafts
Known primarily for his role as lead guitarist of indie rock behemoth Broken Social Scene, Andrew Whiteman's first love is Apostle of Hustle. The group's second album, National Anthem of Nowhere, favors fuzzy basslines and anthemic choruses. Opener "My Sword Hand's Anger" is a subdued charmer with breathy vocals and understated guitars, while "Cheap Like Sebastian" and the title track channel the feel-good vibes of BSS. Even the Latin-tinged pop of their previous record is revisited on "ÁRafaga!" Though far from groundbreaking, National Anthem of Nowhere is a solid collection of indie-pop suites for the modern slacker.
- NewsRBMA Announces the Complete List of Participants for Its 2014 Edition in Tokyo
- NewsTeebs, Jonwayne, Baths, Daedelus, Ras G and More to Feature in Upcoming LA Beat Scene Documentary
- MP3Radio Slave & Thomas Gandey "XLR8R"
- NewsBen Sims Announces Final Release for Theory, Taps Marcel Dettmann, DVS1, Luke Slater, and Surgeon for Remixes
- FeatureDrums, DJ Dez, and The D: 10 Things You Need to Know About Andrés
XLR8R Downloads Player