Bounty Killer Nah No Mercy: The Warlord Scrolls
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: VP
"After changing his name from Bounty Hunter to the more menacing Bounty Killer, Rodney Pryce proceeded to change the direction of Jamaican music, voicing merciless dubplates in his unrelenting baritone. Despite the hardcore subject matter, Bounty was embraced by dancehall audiences in both NY and JA, and this essential 41-track retrospective (featuring classic riddims) shows why. 'Nuff gun tunes are present-from ""Gun Thirsty"" to ""New Gun""-but there's also a surprising amount of cultural material (""Down in the Ghetto,"" ""Smoke the Herb,"" ""Look,"" ""Fed Up,"" and ""Sufferah"") from the poor people's guv'nah."
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player