- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Stattmusik
Sascha Winkler was due for a full-length outing, and the wait has definitely been worth it. His snazzy, loosely shuffled production casually arranges found-sound fragments and bitmapped bloopery behind an eclectic balance of organic instrumentation, inspiring subconscious booty wiggling that could turn lounge floors into dancefloors. Meanwhile, cuts like "Heartbreak Hotel" and "Body Tight" shift into sultry downtempo mode, ultimately shedding the notion of tempo altogether with the exotic interlude of "Hou Anthem." Winkler's opiate-like vocals can be an acquired taste for some, but the album's rich, tasteful character will undoubtedly help wash them down.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player