- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Kranky
Somewhere between the fluttering echoes of sustained notes (on the vibraphone and ebow guitar), one can actually hear Scott Morgan's improvised vision grow into its own little somatic monster-complete with disorienting panning and pounding heartbeats. On Loscil's fourth album, Morgan transcends the archetypal Kranky sound as each track morphs into a grandiose sonic sphere, tranquil and cathartic without relying on a deep kick or synthy riff. Composed with perfect amounts of subtle delay, layer upon layer of blissful chimes, and plenty of space, Plume makes for a quintessential escape from life's daily rushes.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player