- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Kranky
Somewhere between the fluttering echoes of sustained notes (on the vibraphone and ebow guitar), one can actually hear Scott Morgan's improvised vision grow into its own little somatic monster-complete with disorienting panning and pounding heartbeats. On Loscil's fourth album, Morgan transcends the archetypal Kranky sound as each track morphs into a grandiose sonic sphere, tranquil and cathartic without relying on a deep kick or synthy riff. Composed with perfect amounts of subtle delay, layer upon layer of blissful chimes, and plenty of space, Plume makes for a quintessential escape from life's daily rushes.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player