Various Artists Select Cuts From Oracabessa
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Oracabessa
The most interesting dance music doesn‘t arrive in predictable packaging these days, and a perfect example is Ali Campbell and Brian Travers‘ ragga/2-step label Oracabessa. This latest collection of the label‘s work combines dub, reggae, and dancehall elements with the rudest of garage beats, aggressive enough to get your feet moving and hips swinging instantly. Jamaican MCs Lady Saw and Elephant Man are up to the task, and Rappa Robert‘s sassy lyrics, provocative delivery, and raw vocals sizzle with energy throughout.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player