Various Artists Select Cuts From Oracabessa
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Oracabessa
The most interesting dance music doesn‘t arrive in predictable packaging these days, and a perfect example is Ali Campbell and Brian Travers‘ ragga/2-step label Oracabessa. This latest collection of the label‘s work combines dub, reggae, and dancehall elements with the rudest of garage beats, aggressive enough to get your feet moving and hips swinging instantly. Jamaican MCs Lady Saw and Elephant Man are up to the task, and Rappa Robert‘s sassy lyrics, provocative delivery, and raw vocals sizzle with energy throughout.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsMelé Announces New EP, Streams Title Track
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player