Various Artists Select Cuts From Oracabessa
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Oracabessa
The most interesting dance music doesn‘t arrive in predictable packaging these days, and a perfect example is Ali Campbell and Brian Travers‘ ragga/2-step label Oracabessa. This latest collection of the label‘s work combines dub, reggae, and dancehall elements with the rudest of garage beats, aggressive enough to get your feet moving and hips swinging instantly. Jamaican MCs Lady Saw and Elephant Man are up to the task, and Rappa Robert‘s sassy lyrics, provocative delivery, and raw vocals sizzle with energy throughout.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player