Various Artists Select Cuts From Oracabessa
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Oracabessa
The most interesting dance music doesn‘t arrive in predictable packaging these days, and a perfect example is Ali Campbell and Brian Travers‘ ragga/2-step label Oracabessa. This latest collection of the label‘s work combines dub, reggae, and dancehall elements with the rudest of garage beats, aggressive enough to get your feet moving and hips swinging instantly. Jamaican MCs Lady Saw and Elephant Man are up to the task, and Rappa Robert‘s sassy lyrics, provocative delivery, and raw vocals sizzle with energy throughout.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player