Various Artists Select Cuts From Oracabessa
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Oracabessa
The most interesting dance music doesn‘t arrive in predictable packaging these days, and a perfect example is Ali Campbell and Brian Travers‘ ragga/2-step label Oracabessa. This latest collection of the label‘s work combines dub, reggae, and dancehall elements with the rudest of garage beats, aggressive enough to get your feet moving and hips swinging instantly. Jamaican MCs Lady Saw and Elephant Man are up to the task, and Rappa Robert‘s sassy lyrics, provocative delivery, and raw vocals sizzle with energy throughout.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player