Semi-Permanent Design Conference
- Words: Tyra Bangs
When it launched in 2002, the Semi-Permanent design conference–curated by online magazine/portal Design Is Kinky–made everyone jealous they didn't live in Sydney, Australia. But this fall, the little design conference that could will journey from the land of wallabies to the home of 50-cent franks and papayas. Semi-Permanent NYC 2005 (held September 9-10 at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall) will feature events and lectures with a worldly group of unusual suspects from art and design. Interactive guru Joshua Davis from Praystation will rep hard, as will XLR8R contributor and 19-year-old boy genius Chuck "NoPattern" Anderson. Lobo and The Orphanage (behind the fx for Superman Returns and Sky Captain) are on hand for motion graphics tips, t-shirt company Threadless and French graf writer Fafi will discuss inspirations, and NYC's art and fashion stalwarts Visionaire (of publishing and gallery fame) will explain how it all gets done. Aside from sheer, giddy inspiration, Semi-Permanent attendees also get to take home a 240-page design book with work culled from the presenters.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player