If you want to know what's going down in street art–from stencils to wheatpastes to billboard liberation–your first stop should be the Wooster Collective website. Since January 2003, husband-and-wife team Marc and Sara Schiller have been faithfully chronicling the latest developments in urban modification from Croatia to Australia and all points in between. Read more »
White Rose Movement frontman Finn Vine bears a close resemblance to both Joy Division's Ian Curtis and Gabi Delgado-Lopez of German industrial/electronic pioneers DAF. This is no accident. From his live performance–full of nervous energy and curiously robotic dancing–you get the feeling that this rail-thin, angular boy in the fiercely buttoned-up shirt has spent hours studying the ways of underground '80s idols.
Read more »
He's best known as tour DJ and resident sample-digger for downtempo hitmakers Portishead, but as his The Document series of mix CDs shows, Andy Smith's true love runs from the funk and disco he heard growing up in late-'70s Bristol to the underground hip-hop of today. Read more »
Ten bucks says Owen Ashworth can make you cry in under two minutes.
With a couple of crummy Casios and his trusty 4-track, the 28-year-old film school dropout has built a decade-spanning career out of drawing tears at rapid speeds. Armed with two-minute synth-pop songs and a husky, Prozac-induced voice, Ashworth (a.k.a. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone) has brought to life a trilogy of melancholy mini-epics: Answering Machine Music, Pocket Symphonies for Lonely Subway Cars, and Twinkle Echo.
Read more »
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player