Delphi Collective's Favorite Things
- Words: Tyra Bangs
San Francisco's Delphi Collective adds a humble touch of class to an over-hyped design world. In the past four years, Matt Irving's company (which encompasses a t-shirt line, an online portal, and a design house) has logged some serious coups, including the Nike Hunter Dunk, board graphics for Stereo, and a shoe and signature series of boards for Element. Irving is also involved in Umbrella Market, an online shop for one-of-a-kind items by Jeremy Fish, Mars-1, and others. This summer, look for a new line of Delphi tees, collaborative hats with Kangol, and art shows with Don Pendleton and Todd Francis. Right now, check Irving's must-haves.
1. Optimus Keyboard
Leave it to the Russians to create something nobody else has thought of but everyone can use (like borscht). Word is that this keyboard (by Moscow's Art Lebedev Studio) will allow you to sync up to all major programs, and have key commands right at your fingertips. It'll be like a Gold's Gym for your hands!
2. JP Helmets
I bought one of these helmets off eBay but have no real purpose for it. I don't own a scooter or a motorbike. Regardless, I'm wearing it as I write these reviews. Safety first. If you own a Vespa, you should get one of these for your girlfriend. She'll love it and it'll make you feel like you're straight out of Quadrophenia.
3. Crownfarmer/Stacks Catastrophe T-shirt
I love this t-shirt, designed by my friends Michael and Laura Leon from Stacks for my other friend, Crownfarmer's Bob Kronbauer. Nothing is better than wearing a shirt that your friends designed, especially when you chose to pay full price for it because you like it so much.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player