Just Jeremy: A Book That Bares All
- Words: Tyra Bangs
From toys to tees to treads, Sydney, Australia-based Jeremyville is a tireless supporter of the myriad manifestations of our generation's style and design. Following Vinyl Will Kill, his 2004 tome about designer toy culture, Jeremyville Sessions (IdN; hardcover, $40) is a visual riot documenting this unrestrained doodler's staggering array of collaborative projects: figurines for Qee and Kid Robot; illustrations with Deanne Cheuk and Geoff McFetridge; customized Adicolor sneakers and "Sketchel" messenger bags.
More than just an artist monograph, the book and its accompanying DVD dismantle design's ivory tower as Jeremy lays bare his creative process–from blank templates and step-by-step photos, to interviews where he explains how collaborations have paved the way to his worldwide success. For those seeking strictly visual treats, the volume also comes with a poster, stickers, and a grip of free computer wallpapers and screensavers.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player