Mashed Up: Thrash Crew
- Words: Brianna Pope
After three years of dedication from co-directors and videographers Mike Martin and Gabe Morford, San Francisco's fixed-gear mafia MASH SF will finally release their MASH DVD this month. As Martin's and Morford's guerrilla-style camera work (two cameras on scooters, skateboards, cars, and bikes) and the riders' talent rapidly improved throughout filming, the two cut out early footage in favor of superior newer scenes–as a result, the project took longer than anyone expected. "Everything kept getting better and better," Martin explains, "and we wanted it to be epic so, in that process, we ended up spending a lot of time on it."
The crew will spread the gospel worldwide at mid-September premieres in Los Angeles, New York, and Tokyo. In the meantime, check these snaps from MASH rider Dirt, who shot his co-stars on the streets of San Francisco.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player