The 12 Days of Christmas: Day 3
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Rodrigo Alonso’s Selk’Bag
San Francisco has the kind of cold weather where you can't get warm because fog is always seeping into your shitty, un-insulated Victorian flat. But that's not the only reason I need one of Chilean designer Rodrigo Alonso’s Selk’Bags. How could you not want one? First of all, they're rad. Secondly, they're awesome. My synapses catch fire whenever I look at one of these things, because 500 different reasons for why I need one stampede into my brain at the same time: they give you Gumby-body; they provide warmth while you run drunk around the redwoods (or Paris, like the dude in the picture); you can comfortably watch 50 episodes of The Wire without getting up to turn on the heat or freezing your ass off while grabbing more Kettle chips; you can hug someone else wearing a Selk’Bag, while singing the Gummi Bears theme song–it would be totally cuddlecore.
I read about the Selk'Bag over a year ago, on thecoolhunter.net, and wrote the designer asking when I could have one. They weren't available then. But now Selk’Bag 1 (around $180), Selk’Bag 2 (around $280) and Selk’Bag 3 ($300; the highest-quality down-filled design) just became available in the U.S. at wymanoutdoors.com.
Send a sister a Selk'Bag already!
More Days of Christmas
Day 1: Rhino Box Sets
Day 2: Death In June Brown Book
Day 4: Hangar One Raspberry Vodka
Day 5: Mishka Keep Watch Eyeball Hat
Day 6: GRN Apple Tree Hoodie and Nixon Watch
Day 7: Canon HG10
Day 8: Gee Vaucher Artwork
Day 9: Kid Robot Smoker's Delight Bundle
Day 10: Eco-Friendly Bags from Colette
Day 11: XLR8R Subscription
Day 12: Ableton Live
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player