Often imitated, never duplicated, Parisian store Colette has been serving up the sweetest limited-edition accessories, art books, and cutting-edge fashions since 1997. The emporium has collaborated with numerous fashion designers, illustrators, and icons since the start, and is known for–among other things–throwing dance classes in clubs and having a bar that serves 90 brands of designer mineral water (including Cloud Juice, which is composed of 7,800 drops of Tasmanian rainwater). Read more »
Parisian street art pioneer Blek Le Rat goes stenciling in the city.
1. Beggar in Paris
Rue Béranger is located behind Place de la République, and it’s where the headquarters of the daily French newspaper Libération are located. When I pasted up this poster of a beggar during the night, I was being insulted by a man right from his balcony.
2. Jesus Christ
Read more »
Don't call her "hip-hop." Don't ask her what it's like being a female MC. And search for evidence of her German-ness at your own risk. Ina Rotter (a.k.a. Quio) has little interest in the categories we use to make sense of the world. She prefers to be taken "unseriously." That's just as well, because her sophomore album, Phiu, is profoundly silly. Seriously.
Read more »
When Dudley Perkins met Georgia Anne Muldrow at a BBQ in Los Angeles more than two years ago, she was basking in the glow of her recently released 2004 debut, Worthnothings. Entirely self-produced, its dark yet hopeful mix of hip-hop and deep soul captured her as a larva struggling to metamorphose into a butterfly. Read more »
"Now, this is something I'd actually wear," says Les Savy Fav guitarist Seth Jabber, as he steps out of a Beacon's Closet dressing room in an ultra-soft T-shirt featuring a baby-blue tie-dye background and a tiger with black and white stripes.
"Oh wait, this is one of those companies that makes 'vintage-like shirts,'" he adds, looking at the top's tag. "That kinda takes all the fun out of it, doesn't it?"
Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player