Best of 2008: Andrew Jeffrey Wright
Space 1026’s neon-hued founder, Andrew Jeffrey Wright, celebrates the power of tight pants and green juice.
Who was the best artist of 2008?
Narwhalz Of Sound. Brian Blomerth is Narwhalz Of Sound. I saw him perform this past summer in the dusty basement of a north Philly warehouse. He plays a modified Gameboy that he muffs around with until it brings forth sound patterns and sequences that no Gameboy was ever intended to make and then people go super nuts.
Who was the worst artist of 2008?
The Jonas Brothers. When I was nine years old my favorite music was made by the Rolling Stones, Elvis Presley, and Blondie. Kids today, I'll tell ya.
What was the best style trend of 2008?
Tight pants. I don't wear my pants too tight, but I see other kids doing it and it looks good. Plus if you're a guy, wearing your pants tight kills sperm, which is good for the planet.
What was the worst style trend of 2008?
The closing of record shops. I'm not sure if this counts as a style trend, but I guess it could, ’cause iPods are really colorful?
What was your favorite food or drink of 2008?
Green drink. I mix either Greener Grasses green powder or Amazing Grass organic wheatgrass powder in a glass of water and drink it everyday. Either that or I eat a chocolate chip cookie the size of my face.
What was your favorite album of 2008?
Extreme Animals' Let The Music Take You There (Vicious Pop Records). Play this album during your aerobics class or while spray-painting a wall or during skateboard practice. It is high-energy noise, it does not apologize and is down for whatever.
Who is your favorite visual artist of 2008?
Barry McGee. I saw Barry's installation at Carnegie Mellon's Life On Mars International in Pittsburgh, then a few months later I saw a solo show of his at Ratio 3 in San Francisco. I can spend hours in his installations, never get bored, and still want more. He's a maximalist with minimalist details.
Best of 2008
Drop the Lime
Andrew Jeffrey Wright
The Death Set
Hercules and Love Affair
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player