Best of 2008: eLZhi
The Slum Village lyricist, eLHzi, reveals a penchant for the Coen Brothers and radio-friendly alt rock.
What was the best album of 2008?
Radiohead, In Rainbows. This album was able to make people like Radiohead if they didn't already. It was groundbreaking all the way around. Each Radiohead album is diverse, musical, and the lyrics are always on point and poetic.
What was the worst album of 2008?
I can't really say. There is stuff I don't like, but just because I don't like it doesn't mean it was the worst.
Who was the best artist of 2008?
Coldplay. On their latest album, Viva La Vida, they took it to a new level by making a concept album with more story songs.
Who was the worst artist of 2008?
Amy Winehouse was always in trouble with the drug thing going on. She should clean up her act because she is really talented.
What was the media item of 2008?
No Country for Old Men. I like a lot of movies that the Coen Brothers do. This is just as good as their other movies, if not better.
Best of 2008
Drop the Lime
Andrew Jeffrey Wright
The Death Set
Hercules and Love Affair
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player