Best of 2008: Worship Worthy
Jennifer Wannarachue of the style blog and clothing brand Worship Worthy talks cut-offs and snap caps.
What was the best style trend of 2008?
Denim cut-offs worn with tights, cardigans, platform booties, and oversized beanies. I'm still rocking that look this winter. Oh, and Frogskins.
What was the worst style trend of 2008?
Oh, man, I might get hunted down for this one, but I think the whole "flouro pixel tech" look was only good for a few months, therefore it tops my list of worst style trend of '08. Let's pray the rest of middle America doesn't catch onto it.
What was the best clothing label of 2008?
I would have to say the best clothing label of the year is the man who took my fave look of "casually awesome" to another level, Mister Alexander Wang.
Who was the best visual artist of 2008?
Neckface. Some people don't get his work, but I absolutely love it. I aspire to be as intricately deranged, strange, and twisted.
What will be big in 2009?
WW†, the Worship Worthy brand, is going to be huge in '09, as well as baggy jeans on women, snap-back caps, zig-zags, black, Blake Lively, and Ws.
Best of 2008
Drop the Lime
Andrew Jeffrey Wright
The Death Set
Hercules and Love Affair
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player