Artist To Watch: AC Slater
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Much like his friends from Trouble & Bass, AC Slater can keep the party going while simultaneously championing dance music’s low-end. Yet Slater (a.k.a. Aaron Clevenger) is more than a simple bass fanatic–his recent Palms Out Sounds single, “Jack Got Jacked,” flips Fingers Inc.'s classic house cut. Already turning heads with rave-tinged remixes for the likes of Moby, Freestylers, and Drop the Lime, this former happy hardcore producer is starting his own digital imprint called Party Like Us.
Listen: "Jack Got Jacked"
Listen: Hostage, "Shake It (AC Slater Remix)"
Watch: AC Slater and Lismore at The Heist
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player