Artist to Watch: L-Wiz
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Swedish duo Claes Rosén and Ola Näslund (a.k.a. L-Wiz) has been making dubstep since 2000, but they really started turning heads once Caspa released their “Girlfriend” 12” on his Dub Police label in 2006. L-Wiz falls on the mellower end of the genre's spectrum, although they occasionally indulge in what they call “headcrushing satanic basslines.” A key name in Sweden’s blossoming community, L-Wiz is part of Stockholm’s All Out Dubstep crew, and has also released music on Redvolume, the country’s first dubstep label.
Listen: "Prayer Room"
Watch: An Interview with L-Wiz
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player