Artist to Watch: L-Wiz
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Swedish duo Claes Rosén and Ola Näslund (a.k.a. L-Wiz) has been making dubstep since 2000, but they really started turning heads once Caspa released their “Girlfriend” 12” on his Dub Police label in 2006. L-Wiz falls on the mellower end of the genre's spectrum, although they occasionally indulge in what they call “headcrushing satanic basslines.” A key name in Sweden’s blossoming community, L-Wiz is part of Stockholm’s All Out Dubstep crew, and has also released music on Redvolume, the country’s first dubstep label.
Listen: "Prayer Room"
Watch: An Interview with L-Wiz
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player