Artist to Watch: L-Vis 1990
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Who: L-Vis 1990
Where: London, UK
Few artists can bump heavy-bass tunes while nimbly sliding between genres quite like L-Vis 1990 (a.k.a. James Connolly). With partner Bok Bok, he whips together dubstep, bassline, funky, B-more, grime, and more at London's Night Slugs party, which has played host to friends and guests like Oneman, Kode 9, Crazy Cousinz, Brackles, and Dexplicit. L-Vis 1990's production work has also been causing quite a stir, from his bootleg "dubblestep" remixes to last year's self-titled EP to the recently released United Groove EP on Mad Decent.
Listen: "Murder" (exclusive track for XLR8R)
Download This Track
Watch: "United Groove"
Watch: "Come Together"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player