Artist to Watch: Canyons
- Words: Patric Fallon
Where: Perth, Australia
In the deep Australian outback, deep chasms are being dug out and expertly filled with cosmic synth lines, syncopated bass and percussion work, and disco divas crying out into the night. The duo responsible for these sounds, Canyons, has been spreading their tunes via releases on Hole in the Sky and DFA, but will unveil their official debut album on Modular in early 2010. If future-disco classics "Fire Eyes" and "Dancing on Silk" are any indication, Canyons are poised to be the next decade's dancefloor darlings.
Listen: "Fire Eyes (Jacques Renault's Living In the Jungle Mix)"
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player