Artist to Watch: Douster
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Lyon, France
Twenty-three-year-old Hugo Passaquin may be French, but his bread and butter resides below the equator—in Buenos Aires, to be exact. While studying abroad in Argentina, he immersed himself in cumbia villera and quickly found friends in the local Zizek collective. Honing his skills at underground parties and more recently during ZZK tours of the U.S. and Europe, he's found a niche where the tropical sounds of cumbia, kuduro, and dancehall collide with glitchy electro, hip-hop, and fidget house. Douster's already released music on Sound Pellegrino and Man Recordings, and his ZZK Records' debut, Triassic Genesis, is expected later this month.
Listen: "Ladinian (Ruff Mix)"
Download This Track
Watch: "King of Africa"
Watch: La Bande à Basile - "La Chenille Qui Redémarre (Douster Gwada Remix)"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player