Artist to Watch: Tanlines
- Words: Thomas Rees
Where: Brooklyn, NY
It is telling that Tanlines can still put on an amazingly fun dance show in the stifling, sticky summer heat of Brooklyn; otherwise, the duo's synthetic tropical beats would seem to be the product of poseurs. With a perpetual crowd of sweat-drenched, gyrating bodies at their feet, it's clear that Jesse Cohen and Eric Emm can bring the heat as well as they can handle it. With an upcoming full-length on True Panther and remixes for Glasser, Telepathe, and Au Revoir Simone already under their belts, the boys of Tanlines will soon be bringing their tropical flavor to many more ears.
Listen: "New Flowers" (from the New Flowers 12" on Young Turks/XL)
Download This Track
Watch: "Bejan" (from Kitsuné Maison 7)
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player