Artist to Watch: Tanlines
- Words: Thomas Rees
Where: Brooklyn, NY
It is telling that Tanlines can still put on an amazingly fun dance show in the stifling, sticky summer heat of Brooklyn; otherwise, the duo's synthetic tropical beats would seem to be the product of poseurs. With a perpetual crowd of sweat-drenched, gyrating bodies at their feet, it's clear that Jesse Cohen and Eric Emm can bring the heat as well as they can handle it. With an upcoming full-length on True Panther and remixes for Glasser, Telepathe, and Au Revoir Simone already under their belts, the boys of Tanlines will soon be bringing their tropical flavor to many more ears.
Listen: "New Flowers" (from the New Flowers 12" on Young Turks/XL)
Download This Track
Watch: "Bejan" (from Kitsuné Maison 7)
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player