XLR8R Annual Report: Best XLR8R TV Episodes 2K9
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Keeping up with every XLR8R TV episode can be almost as exhausting as producing it week after week. So, we've made it easy for you—the tired, poor, huddled internet masses yearning to read end-of-year lists—and picked our five favorite episodes of Twenty-Oh-Nine.
Episode 136: Tune in an Afternoon - Dam-Funk and Nite Jewel
Nite Jewel + Dam-Funk = Nite Funk. Two of our favorite LA producers team up to make a killer track and some funky magic.
Episode 108: Genesis P-Orridge Is Better Than The Beatles
It's been a longer, stranger trip for Throbbing Gristle's legendary frontperson than it has been for probably 99.9% of the world.
Episode 129: Freestyle 101 with Doseone and Jel
Oakland teenagers blow minds with clever, rapid-fire freestyling—a skill they learned in Doseone's Wednesday-night class.
Episode 124: FaltyDL - Garage Beats and Sushi Rolls
Another culinary-themed episode found Drew Lustman (a.k.a. FaltyDL) waxing philosophical on making sushi and garridge beats.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player