XLR8R Annual Report: Best XLR8R TV Episodes 2K9
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Keeping up with every XLR8R TV episode can be almost as exhausting as producing it week after week. So, we've made it easy for you—the tired, poor, huddled internet masses yearning to read end-of-year lists—and picked our five favorite episodes of Twenty-Oh-Nine.
Episode 136: Tune in an Afternoon - Dam-Funk and Nite Jewel
Nite Jewel + Dam-Funk = Nite Funk. Two of our favorite LA producers team up to make a killer track and some funky magic.
Episode 108: Genesis P-Orridge Is Better Than The Beatles
It's been a longer, stranger trip for Throbbing Gristle's legendary frontperson than it has been for probably 99.9% of the world.
Episode 129: Freestyle 101 with Doseone and Jel
Oakland teenagers blow minds with clever, rapid-fire freestyling—a skill they learned in Doseone's Wednesday-night class.
Episode 124: FaltyDL - Garage Beats and Sushi Rolls
Another culinary-themed episode found Drew Lustman (a.k.a. FaltyDL) waxing philosophical on making sushi and garridge beats.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player