- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Brooklyn, NY
Sam Haar and Zach Steinman have been playing together in various bands since their time together at Oberlin College in Ohio, but Blondes first took shape in late 2008 when the pair was briefly living in Berlin. Although they wanted to make synthy, danceable music, Haar and Steinman also sought to keep the music as organic as possible, eschewing computers in favor of live instrumentation and using their hands. With a spacey aesthetic and a loose, analog techno sound, their forthcoming EP on Merok will certainly be a hot commodity when it drops in the months ahead.
Listen: "You Mean So Much to Me (Acid Redux Cut)"
Download This Track
Listen: "Spanish Fly"
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player