- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: Megan Jolly
Where: Brooklyn, NY
South Florida native Jessica Gentile grew up loving Latin beats and Miami bass, raving at electro and drum & bass parties, and worshipping local heroes like DJ Laz. After college she moved to NY with dreams of a career in TV or radio, but somehow ended up working as a makeup artist and DJing parties. These days she puts on the monthly Flashing Lights party—which goes down in a Chinatown dim sum restaurant—with Nick Catchdubs and DJ Ayres, and also runs the online Nightshifters label with Jason Forrest (a.k.a. DJ Donna Summer), which recently released her Paypur EP that she co-produced with fellow NYC artist Udachi.
Listen: Udachi and Jubilee "Paypur"
Download This Track
Listen/Download: Jubilee XLR8R Podcast
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player