Big Freedia Talks MJ, Katrina, and Treme in Toronto
- Words: Ken Taylor
- Photo: Ken Taylor
After checking out New Orleans bounce queen Big Freedia's show at Toronto's NXNE Festival a couple of weeks back, we just couldn't help but grab the MC for a few (very informal) words the next morning at our hotel. The super-motivated Freedia told us all about coming out as a 12-year-old, what Hurricane Katrina did for bounce music, and the only item she needs to rock the party.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player