Bubblin': John Talabot
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: Piotr Niepsuj
Who: John Talabot
Where: Barcelona, Spain
This young Spaniard's true identity remains a mystery—the name John Talabot was borrowed from his former school—but there's no question that the producer's work is top-shelf. The slow-motion house of "Sunshine," bearing traces of disco and Detroit techno, first put him on the map in 2009 and even won over the Pitchfork crowd, a process bolstered by the single's 2010 reissue with remixes from Blondes and his friends from Delorean. Artists like Glasser and The xx have taken notice and enlisted Talabot for remixes, his own acid-flavored "Mathilda's Dream" 12" recently dropped on Permanent Vacation, and a follow-up on Young Turks is in the works, as is a full-length album.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player