- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Brooklyn, NY
Travis Stewart (a.k.a. Machinedrum) and Praveen Sharma have been friends for years; the duo runs the Cassette NYC parties and the online community mix archive Percussion Lab, but only began collaborating on music in September of 2009. Bored with their solo projects, they threw out past blueprints and delved into '90s house, the skittering sounds of 2-step, and the sexier, more soulful and melodic side of UK bass music. The Hotlfush label—home to like-minded acts such as Mount Kimbie and Scuba—seems like the perfect place for Sepalcure's talents, and released the pair's debut EP, Love Pressure, earlier this year.
Listen: Sepalcure XLR8R Podcast
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player