Listen to Pantha du Prince Talk Contact Microphones, ThinkPads, and Transcendentalism at Decibel
German minimalist Pantha du Prince helped make our first night at Seattle's Decibel 2010 one to remember with his headlining set of lush and enriching ambient techno. But what made the experience truly rewarding was our chance to actually sit down and talk with the producer, born Hendrik Weber, before his performance. In the green room of Neumos, amidst the chatter of a festival nearly underway, Weber spoke with us in detail about the recording of his earthy dance-music epic, this year's Black Noise, how he accidentally came across the writing of Henry David Thoreau, and why you might see him banging on a table or pint glass at his next live show.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player