Listen to Pantha du Prince Talk Contact Microphones, ThinkPads, and Transcendentalism at Decibel
German minimalist Pantha du Prince helped make our first night at Seattle's Decibel 2010 one to remember with his headlining set of lush and enriching ambient techno. But what made the experience truly rewarding was our chance to actually sit down and talk with the producer, born Hendrik Weber, before his performance. In the green room of Neumos, amidst the chatter of a festival nearly underway, Weber spoke with us in detail about the recording of his earthy dance-music epic, this year's Black Noise, how he accidentally came across the writing of Henry David Thoreau, and why you might see him banging on a table or pint glass at his next live show.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player