Listen to Pantha du Prince Talk Contact Microphones, ThinkPads, and Transcendentalism at Decibel
German minimalist Pantha du Prince helped make our first night at Seattle's Decibel 2010 one to remember with his headlining set of lush and enriching ambient techno. But what made the experience truly rewarding was our chance to actually sit down and talk with the producer, born Hendrik Weber, before his performance. In the green room of Neumos, amidst the chatter of a festival nearly underway, Weber spoke with us in detail about the recording of his earthy dance-music epic, this year's Black Noise, how he accidentally came across the writing of Henry David Thoreau, and why you might see him banging on a table or pint glass at his next live show.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player