- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Bellingham, WA
Twenty-year-old Simon Ho grew up in a musical household. Dad used to build guitars, his sister was an R&B fanatic, and Ho himself played drums in the school marching band. That love of percussion led his father to buy him a copy of Reason 2.5—which Ho still uses to make tunes—and when combined with his discovery of juke a few years back, Cedaa's production style was born. Both his "Tiffany" b/w "Simba" single on Car Crash Set and Old Growth EP on Dave Quam's Free Bass offer a melodic, synth-infused take on Windy City sounds.
Download "Escalade" from the Old Growth EP
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player