- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: London, UK
Like many producers, Leeds native Tom Wrankmore took to beatmaking at a young age, saving up from his "awful call-center job" to buy an MPC and start making music. His first productions were strongly influenced by hip-hop, garnering comparisons to artists like Madlib and other LA experimentalists based on his Out of Phase and Made Seasons EPs. Now residing in London, he's broadened his sound palette and has begun mucking about with house and garage, getting a track signed to Gilles Peterson's Brownswood Electric compilation, and most recently dropping the Undivided Whole EP on the somethinksounds label.
Listen: "I Just Can't" from the Undivided Whole EP
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
Listen: "You'll Know" from the Undivided Whole EP
Listen: "Let Me Love You Forever" from Brownswood Electric
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
XLR8R Downloads Player