- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: London, UK
Like many producers, Leeds native Tom Wrankmore took to beatmaking at a young age, saving up from his "awful call-center job" to buy an MPC and start making music. His first productions were strongly influenced by hip-hop, garnering comparisons to artists like Madlib and other LA experimentalists based on his Out of Phase and Made Seasons EPs. Now residing in London, he's broadened his sound palette and has begun mucking about with house and garage, getting a track signed to Gilles Peterson's Brownswood Electric compilation, and most recently dropping the Undivided Whole EP on the somethinksounds label.
Listen: "I Just Can't" from the Undivided Whole EP
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
Listen: "You'll Know" from the Undivided Whole EP
Listen: "Let Me Love You Forever" from Brownswood Electric
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player