- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: London, UK
When it comes to quality hip-hop, the UK's record is spotty at best, but that hasn't stopped 24-year-old Obaro Ejimiwe from getting into the game. A Gilles Peterson favorite, he sports a remarkably laid-back, almost sleepy flow and cites a number of disparate influences, from MF Doom and Fela Kuti to Squarepusher and Badly Drawn Boy. Last June, he released a free four-track EP, The Sound of Strangers, and followed it up with his debut full-length, Peanut Butter Blues & Melancholy Jam, earlier this month.
Watch: "Cash and Carry Me Home"
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player