Bubblin': Banjo or Freakout
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Who: Banjo or Freakout
Where: London, UK
Italian-born Alessio Natalizia has been playing music since his youth, but it was only after moving to London—not to mention countless days spent on his girlfriend's laptop while waiting for her to get home from work—that he truly found his voice. Natalizia—who is also one half of Kompakt-signed duo Walls—effectively combines the sensibilities of an old-school singer-songwriter with a desire to explore washed-out melodic soundscapes and lo-fi bedroom beats. After releasing a string of singles and compiling hundreds of demos, Banjo or Freakout is finally ready to release his self-titled debut album, which comes out this month via Memphis Industries.
Listen: "Since We Last Met"
Listen: Walls "Hang Four (Banjo or Freakout Remix)"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player