Bubblin': Banjo or Freakout
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Who: Banjo or Freakout
Where: London, UK
Italian-born Alessio Natalizia has been playing music since his youth, but it was only after moving to London—not to mention countless days spent on his girlfriend's laptop while waiting for her to get home from work—that he truly found his voice. Natalizia—who is also one half of Kompakt-signed duo Walls—effectively combines the sensibilities of an old-school singer-songwriter with a desire to explore washed-out melodic soundscapes and lo-fi bedroom beats. After releasing a string of singles and compiling hundreds of demos, Banjo or Freakout is finally ready to release his self-titled debut album, which comes out this month via Memphis Industries.
Listen: "Since We Last Met"
Listen: Walls "Hang Four (Banjo or Freakout Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player