- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Manchester, UK
Another entry in the long line of British youngsters who have been producing since their teenage years, Sam Schorb's experiments with songwriting actually started on piano and guitar. But the 21-year-old beatsmith eventually made the switch to his laptop, where he first started banging out breakcore and hip-hop tunes before finding his groove in the world of house. These days, he's folding in grime and a heavy dose of synths, which gives his music a particularly melodic quality. Earlier this year he dropped the Gargoyle EP on Silverback, and more music is on the way in 2011 via the esteemed Local Action and Keysound labels.
Listen: "After Indigo"
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player