- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Manchester, UK
Another entry in the long line of British youngsters who have been producing since their teenage years, Sam Schorb's experiments with songwriting actually started on piano and guitar. But the 21-year-old beatsmith eventually made the switch to his laptop, where he first started banging out breakcore and hip-hop tunes before finding his groove in the world of house. These days, he's folding in grime and a heavy dose of synths, which gives his music a particularly melodic quality. Earlier this year he dropped the Gargoyle EP on Silverback, and more music is on the way in 2011 via the esteemed Local Action and Keysound labels.
Listen: "After Indigo"
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player