- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Manchester, UK
Another entry in the long line of British youngsters who have been producing since their teenage years, Sam Schorb's experiments with songwriting actually started on piano and guitar. But the 21-year-old beatsmith eventually made the switch to his laptop, where he first started banging out breakcore and hip-hop tunes before finding his groove in the world of house. These days, he's folding in grime and a heavy dose of synths, which gives his music a particularly melodic quality. Earlier this year he dropped the Gargoyle EP on Silverback, and more music is on the way in 2011 via the esteemed Local Action and Keysound labels.
Listen: "After Indigo"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player