- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Los Angeles, Ca
Twenty-nine-year-old Paul Salva has spent most of his life bouncing around the US, as he grew up in Chicago worshipping house (both classic and ghetto) and later moved to Miami, where he dug into bass and electro and fell in love with the 808. After more than a decade of DJing, producing, and throwing parties, he eventually settled in San Francisco, where he founded the Frite Nite label and rubbed elbows with like-minded artists such as Lazer Sword. Now, on the heels of releasing his debut full-length, Complex Housing, Salva has gone and moved again, heading south to the wilds of Los Angeles. Southern California isn't exactly lacking in forward-thinking beatmakers, but there's little chance of Salva getting lost in the shuffle. Apart from his own music, he's also launched a collaborative project with Lando Kal, begun producing tracks for leftfield MC Zackey Force Funk, and been tapped to remix Beans and Rainbow Arabia.
Listen: "Wake Ups"
Download This Track
Watch: "Keys Open Doors"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player