- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Los Angeles, Ca
Twenty-nine-year-old Paul Salva has spent most of his life bouncing around the US, as he grew up in Chicago worshipping house (both classic and ghetto) and later moved to Miami, where he dug into bass and electro and fell in love with the 808. After more than a decade of DJing, producing, and throwing parties, he eventually settled in San Francisco, where he founded the Frite Nite label and rubbed elbows with like-minded artists such as Lazer Sword. Now, on the heels of releasing his debut full-length, Complex Housing, Salva has gone and moved again, heading south to the wilds of Los Angeles. Southern California isn't exactly lacking in forward-thinking beatmakers, but there's little chance of Salva getting lost in the shuffle. Apart from his own music, he's also launched a collaborative project with Lando Kal, begun producing tracks for leftfield MC Zackey Force Funk, and been tapped to remix Beans and Rainbow Arabia.
Listen: "Wake Ups"
Download This Track
Watch: "Keys Open Doors"
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player