Thomas Fehlmann Discusses His Relationship With Mute and the Label's Influence
- Words: Ken Taylor
This week has turned out to be Mute week at XLR8R HQ. Yesterday's chat about the longstanding underground label took place with Moby and today's features electronic music pioneer and Mute friend Thomas Fehlmann discussing Mute's influence. A long-time friend of label head Daniel Miller, Fehlmann and his first band Palais Schaumburg performed at Mute's first label night decades ago, so it only makes sense that he'd be back for last month's Short Circuit Festival in London. Check out the interview, enter this week's Mute contest, and then come back tomorrow for a chat with Daniel Miller himself.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player