Thomas Fehlmann Discusses His Relationship With Mute and the Label's Influence
- Words: Ken Taylor
This week has turned out to be Mute week at XLR8R HQ. Yesterday's chat about the longstanding underground label took place with Moby and today's features electronic music pioneer and Mute friend Thomas Fehlmann discussing Mute's influence. A long-time friend of label head Daniel Miller, Fehlmann and his first band Palais Schaumburg performed at Mute's first label night decades ago, so it only makes sense that he'd be back for last month's Short Circuit Festival in London. Check out the interview, enter this week's Mute contest, and then come back tomorrow for a chat with Daniel Miller himself.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player