Thomas Fehlmann Discusses His Relationship With Mute and the Label's Influence
- Words: Ken Taylor
This week has turned out to be Mute week at XLR8R HQ. Yesterday's chat about the longstanding underground label took place with Moby and today's features electronic music pioneer and Mute friend Thomas Fehlmann discussing Mute's influence. A long-time friend of label head Daniel Miller, Fehlmann and his first band Palais Schaumburg performed at Mute's first label night decades ago, so it only makes sense that he'd be back for last month's Short Circuit Festival in London. Check out the interview, enter this week's Mute contest, and then come back tomorrow for a chat with Daniel Miller himself.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player