Chatterbox: Jam City
In the works for quite some time, Classical Curves, the debut album from Jam City (a.k.a. Jack Latham), will finally see the light of day next week. Anticipation is high for the record, which is only the second artist full-length to be offered by the Night Slugs label. Ahead of its release, we caught up with the London producer online and peppered him with IMs inquiring about his music, the decision to make an album, his approach to DJing, the role of visual elements in his art, and the expectations that come with being a part of the vaunted Night Slugs crew. Along the way, he even touches on his efforts to avoid the internet and his distaste for the term "neon synths."
Jam City's Classical Curves will be released on May 28.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player